Old December 28th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default GRUNDIG S350DL QUESTION

JRS ) writes:
On 28 Dec 2006 05:01:02 -0800, "wavetrapper" wrote:

If you are going to buy a replacement for the 350, do you know what
model you are likely to get? If you are "starting over", you may want
to consider a model that has the capability of receiving single
sideband.

That Grundig was a Christmas gift from my kids as they know I like to
listen to distant AM radio stations at night. I have an older S350
that's been dragged, dropped, banged around, etc, and they wanted to
replace it for me.

I think both they and I learned that Radio Shack leaves a lot to be
desired as far as business ethics.

As others suggested, I'll probably add a few bucks and go for
something from Sony.

Of course, those ethics may include a too liberal return policy,
so people go through a bunch of radios until they get one that
has the right feel, or people "buying" radios merely to try them
out, and then taking them back. Then Radio Shack is stuck with
radios that aren't really used, but have been out of the box.

A liberal return policy has to be made up somewhere.

Michael