Old December 29th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller Bob Miller is offline

Default A very good tabletop radio to buy

On 29 Dec 2006 05:11:15 -0800, wrote:

Hi all:
Can you recomend a very good tabletop radio to buy ?
I need a radio with very good sound (bass and treble),
and I only need FM reception.
What do you think about GE superradio ?

I personally like my recent-model GE SuperRadio. I mainly listen to FM
music on it. It has a 5" woofer & a smaller tweeter; monaural but a
nice setup, I think. For 50 dollars it's pretty hard to beat. The dial
is analogue, but for tuning in local stations of decent power, even on
the lower end of the FM band, it does fine. Also takes an external FM
antenna, if you want to connect one; I use the RShack twinlead dipole.

It's ain't a Tivoli; it's a clunky but pleasant beast :-)

Bob
k5qwg

I have a Tivoli model one radio, but I'm disappointed (excessive bass
output).
What do you think about Sony icf704L ?
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/p...=specification

Thanks