Old December 30th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] nsarejectnsareject@yahoo.com is offline

Default A very good tabletop radio to buy

Mike wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Hi all:
Can you recomend a very good tabletop radio to buy ?
I need a radio with very good sound (bass and treble),
and I only need FM reception.
What do you think about GE superradio ?
I have a Tivoli model one radio, but I'm disappointed (excessive bass
output).
What do you think about Sony icf704L ?
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/p...=specification

Thanks

Don't buy the Grundig S350-types,

Nonsense. The S350 is a great radio, and is outstanding for local AM and FM
reception. Very drifty on shortwave of course, but is fine for locals. I
have 2 - a Grundig and a Tecsun. While I wouldn't want one as my only
shortwave radio, it would do fine as my only AM/FM radio, particularly
considering the price and battery life.

Mike

The Chinese-made (no longer German made) S350 is cheap, low-grade
plastic, with a low-resolution display, suffers from drifting and
tuning backlash, has a smelly imitation-leather-handle, cheap
dials/switches, 1960's-grade electronics, plastic speaker grill, SW
images galore, antenna flops and doesn't snap into place, etc... Is
that enough ?