Old December 30th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
cbx cbx is offline

Default Sony 7600GR - is it feasable to repair/replace External Power Jack

The External Power Jack has developed problems after a drop with the
external power plugged in. The unit will work on batteries just fine,
but when you insert the power plug the little no-battery symbol
appears.

Anyone price the jack from Sony (some of their replacement parts are
outrageously expensive) and has anyone actually replaced the jack?
I'm a technician but the eyes are getting pretty weak. I haven't even
opened the case yet, just wanted to ask here to see how difficult the
project might be, and the cost of the jack from Sony?

I almost always use the unit hooked to external power, thus the
request.

Thanks.

Jim