Old December 30th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
CelticDude CelticDude is offline

Default Is there a better desktop SW reciever under than $150 than the DX-394?

wrote:
I am currently using a Realistic DX-160 and would like to upgrade to a
digital readout reciever. I have being eyeing the Realistic DX-394,
unmodded due to costs.

Is there another desktop model SW reciever under the $150 mark that I
should keep my eye open for?

Thanks

Brian

Hello Brian,

I would also keep my eye out for either the Drake SW1 or SW2. The SW2
will most likely be over $150, but you might get lucky. The SW1 seems
equivalent to the DX-394; although it may have less features, it's
quality will be above the Realistic's.

Might be better to just save up a bit more and go for something better?

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.

DWP