Old December 30th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default Tivoli Model One - Read the Manual - It Really Helps !

Mike wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
One of the simplest ways to control the bass perception of Model One
is to place the radio on a sound absorbant pad (one that extends
several inches from the front sides and back of the set) on a table at
least one foot from a barrier--a wall, or other raised vertical surface.

Great. So to make up for the poor design, you can't place it wherever
you want to. It has to be on a special pad at precise distances from
other objects.

Yeah, that's what I want.

Mike

Hey, Physics is a bitch, what can I tell you.

Now, you don't have to do any of these. And thousands of users don't
find any objections to the Kloss design, and enjoy the radio as is
daily. I do so, myself.

But if, as some do, you would like to reshape the audio to your
specific tastes, you have options.

You may exercise them, or not, at your discretion.

But bitching doesn't really contour the bass, now does it.

I'd suspect you may be happier with a different set.

Thank God for the free marketplace that will accomodate your
preferences.

Good listening to you.