Old December 30th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Al Arduengo Al Arduengo is offline

Default Main Home Radio for Casual Listener

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:54:57 -0500, Mike wrote:

"tom k in L.A." wrote in message
oups.com...
Which of the following would you recommend:

eton e1
sony 7600gr
sony icf-sw07

For sheer bang for the buck it's hard to beat the 7600gr. It has no tuning
knob however, so you can't just "spin the knob to see what's on".

You might also consider the Grundig Satellit 800. Can be had for around
$350, they regularly turn up on eBay. Good sound, great synch detector,
and a tuning knob. I have one (along with many many other radios), and
it's generally my most-used radio.

Mike

If you can afford a Satellit 800, get a E1 instead. It is smaller, more
advanced, very sensitive and selective, and a sheer pleasure to use. It
can also be used for XM listening with the additional ant/recvr. It can
be found for about $350 if you look around.

Best,
-Al

--
"Don't get too wrapped up in dogma. Who knows? When we get to heaven
there might be a Big Buddha laughing at us while we're all running