Old December 31st 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

Mike Coslo wrote:
" wrote in
oups.com:

http://sujan.hallikainen.org/Broadca...s/My3Years.pdf

If you try just to the 'BroadcastHistory' part you will see a page
of
lots and lots of information on what was originally a site for
"Saving History from the Dumpster." My upload is under the
"Military

Very enjoyable! It was an unusual work week. Was there any rationale for
that?

It was part of a private document that came about after
experimenting with restoring a bunch of digitized color slides
(roughly 600) using the Adobe photo program back in 2000.
Over 500 slides got restored and emulsion reticulation erased.
Once that was done, the explanations for the photos suggested
the photo essay. The final digitized slides were transferred to
a CD for safekeeping. Note: Not even Kodachrome will last
40+ years without change...

The original essay was 30 pages and several copies were
printed out on inkjet, given out. I edited it down to 20 pages
for electronic distribution. Since Hal's website is up the coast
towards Santa Barbara and was open for submission of
material, I sent it up there.

BTW, I got exactly nothing for all that work. It was a "labor of
love" (so stated by a retired civilian engineer who worked for
the Army there when I was in the Company) and a place where
I spent three years of my life doing things in radio that were
unique to just about everyone in this newsgroup. :-)

Also, your lady friend Ada was kinda cute, did some lucky soldier run
off with her? ;^)

No, just as her frosty demeanor began to thaw, her heart
melted and that was that. :-) [only her eyes remained true...]

Happy New Year,