Old December 31st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Degen 1103 reception questions

In article wdGlh.207$Am5.30@trndny03, "snow"
wrote:

I own a Degen 1103 and use the antenna whip and I have not strung out an
alligator clip with longwire yet.
It seems a bit deaf with the antenna on the 80 meter ham SSB band Anyone
compared the Degen 1103 with the whip versus outside longwire? I live in a
large house in a town that definately picks up much electrical noise using
radios. I know this as I use to live in a mobile home in a rural area and
the electrical noice level was lower. Back then, I use to have a DX-440 and
used a 80 foot longwire on the roof with alligator clip and got some very
impressive results. I just got back in to some SW listening after a 4-5
years limited use, so I am wondering if going back to a longwire with the
Degen 1103 with make a difference (of course if I can get past the house
electrical field/noise issues).

I don't know about this. The cheap Chinese portables should be every bit
as good as a more expensive radio according to the proponents that post
here.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California