Old December 31st 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Change in ARS numbers Pool - Guesses added 12/30/06 - edited.

Dee Flint wrote:
It is not "logic" when it depends on other, unpredictable factors to cause
the growth. If it it not predictable, it is not yet logic. Logic depends
on the known to project the future. I accept that these are all just
guesses. We are indulging in some idle speculation.

Logic guides the use of "probability and statistics" and this is what we
are dealing with here. Although that law contains unknowns and
variables, at least the general direction can be logically deduced, the
pitfalls cited, the games recorded, the evil personalities noted--it is
as I originally stated--I stand behind that 100%--logic suggest EXACTLY
what I stated.

You are NOT indulging in idle speculation. Like a chronic abuser or
wife beater, you hide in the shadows, you have denied your crimes,
carefully cloaking them in methods, maneuvers and actions which can
"argued" to be of a different nature--however, the bruises are
noticeable! You belittle NON-CW hams in the subtle, sneaky, perverse,
under-handed and imbecilic ways of human trash ...

Act like an adult and treat those who deserve it as such. I know the
temptation is great to do otherwise--all these children running about
can distract one here in the r.r.a groups ...

It is in no way intended to "belittle" the non-CW licensees. One of the
arguments was that the CW test requirement kept a significant number of
people out of ham radio. Such statements were made by a wide variety of
people included some who were code tested. Others (including myself)
believe that there are not large numbers of people waiting in the wings to
enter ham radio (upgrade yes, enter no). Well the CW test requirement is
gone. It is perfectly logical to see if it has a significant effect on
amateur radio growth.

Without a doubt, the CW element HAS made it just difficult enough that
others choose other hobbies. ONLY a fool would claim the
contrary--think before you describe yourself as a fool ...

Changes will happen ... it is only a matter of time and people finding
out the old "King of the Hill" bunch are gone, their bite is no more,
those are only the false teeth of the old invalids you see before you
"watch dogging" the gates of ham radio ...

The intent of this is to get people to pay attention to the growth or lack
thereof for the very reason that "history is watching". The effect of this
change could be significant in shaping future regulatory changes. It would
be foolish for people and organizations not to watch for the effect.

Yes. Many have given up on the imbecilic old hams guarding the gates of
amateur radio. We need to find them and invite them back--the remaining
chicken banders need informing ... there would be no HISTORY without
people, perhaps I should have said "sane people are watching."

Regards,
JS