Old December 31st 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Degen 1103 reception questions

In article ,
"Ken chattenton" wrote:

HI Snow, all,
I use the '1103' on my 130ft 'Doublet' aerial and with the attenuator in
circuit (don't try your radio with out the att in circuit by the way on ANY
external aerial) and it receives all the signals I hear on my more elaborate
equipment with the same aerial, and no break-through into the IF stages.
For me ( my opinion only ) the '1103' is the best portable I have ever used
for SSB listening and Short Wave in general on an external
aerial..........Good Luck, Ken, G4KIR.

"snow" wrote in message
I own a Degen 1103 and use the antenna whip and I have not strung out an
alligator clip with longwire yet.

Yeah, I'm going to sell my more elaborate equipment and buy me a Degen.
Stations just have to sound better on a cheap Chinese portable.

Well, I'm going to sell it all except the R75 doorstop. It's the best
doorstop ever.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California