Old December 31st 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
del.icio.us del.icio.us is offline

Default Main Home Radio for Casual Listener

I have taken the SW07 around the world. I let my non-technical
brother-in-law use it overseas.
I myself take good care of a jewel like my SW07 as well as my SW100. The
SW07 seems less rugged than the SW100. But you wouldn't want to perform a
drop test with any portable. Neither radio has developed any type of defect
in either cosmetics or performance.

I have owned both for about 2.5 years. The ergonomics of the SW07 w/AN-LP2
is pure pleasure. Of course the tiny speaker, as in most all portables, is
a negative. But I use these two miniature portables with a good set of
headphones. BTW, the SW100 is hailed by audiophiles to have superb FM
audio.

Both radios are getting hard to find and each have held up very well in the
resale market.

If you want one get one now.

"tom k in L.A." wrote in message
oups.com...
deli i agree with you that the sw07 is cool as hell -- i think it's the
coolest one out there-- how has it held up for you since owning it?
how long have you had it? i was just concerned it might be delicate--
hands down the coolest one though.

On Dec 30, 1:03 pm, "del.icio.us" wrote:
"tom k in L.A." wrote

sw07 is very gizmo-ish.You may think it is "gizmo-ish" but if I had a

choice of your three picks I
would take the SW07.
Why? Because I own one and the SW07 version of the Sony sych-detector

is
superior to ANY portable/luggable SW radio ever built - period.

7600gr gets nothing but praise.Indeed because the

price//performance/value factor is excellent.
And it also has a synch-detector but not as good as the SW07.