Old March 10th 04, 01:53 PM
Gary S.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 05:31:44 -0500, "Thomas C. Sefranek"
wrote:

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hello, I am running a Yaesu FT-2500M mobile transceiver radio inside my
house and I was wondering what size power supply (how many amps) do you
recommend I should be using?

Did you read the manual for the radio?

I would guess you would want 8-10 amps.

thanks in advance

From what you described earlier, the PS you are using does not put out
enough current.

As above, a 10A PS at minimum, and I would suggest you get a 15 or
even 20 to have a comfortable margin, longer life, and fewer problems.

A 15 A PS will take care of any 50W output on the market.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA