Old December 31st 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Change in ARS numbers Pool - Guesses added 12/30/06 - edited.

Dee Flint wrote:

Like I said, "Try to get out more."

I live at a major trucking hub, Stockton, CA--the anus of the world.
Sacramento, the capital, is but a scant 40 miles on either hwy 99 or hwy
5. It is truckers who still influence this being a "CB hotspot." I
have my 10M rig always setting on CH. 17--27.165Mhz. While CH. 19 to
CH. 21 (27.185Mhz-27.215Mhz) are usually considered the "truckers
channels", here it is CH. 17 or you talk to yourself.

As the mooseluums take over trucking, buying up all the small trucking
companies, I notice their numbers are declining--truckers with CB's/10M
equipment, still much, much more action there than the ham
bands--especially local traffic.

Frankly, I wonder if most here don't "live in another world?" Of
course, I do--living here. Don't worry though, for me, next year I plan
on leaving california. The loonies here can have it ...

Regards,
JS