Old December 31st 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Change in ARS numbers Pool - Guesses added 12/30/06 - edited.

Dee Flint wrote:

Too bad. Several of us do quite a bit of work above 30MHz. The strange
thing is other than the repeaters, I seldom find any Technicians out there.

Really, know about spread spectrum? Know anyone to give you some
frequency ring keys? Yanno, there be pirates in those waters bucko!
Perhaps you have noticed a bit more background noise ... ever see any
"strange activity" there, or hear conversations which seem to be spoken
in code? Hear strangely modulated signals?

Anything that depends on being "in vogue" can just as quickly go "out of
vogue". I want people who are interested in amateur radio not a
"fashionable activity".

There ya go! Right close to the real problem now, aren't we. Let me
be blunt--just to make the point hit home ... who gives a damn what Dee
wants? Don't hold yer breath ...

That's probably the same ratio as in the rest of the population. Why should
ham radio be any different?

Because in software engineering the ratios are about backwards to those
found in "amateur radio", because in colleges the ratio is about
backwards to those found in amateur radio ... as a matter of fact, among
all technical minded people that ratio is about backwards to what is
found here--does that provide a clue to what is wrong here? You
beginning to see the matrix?

However, got some damn good brass pounders here! They probably can play
a musical instrument too! Well, at least a kazoo. grin

Regards,
JS