Old January 1st 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Change in ARS numbers Pool - Guesses added 12/30/06 - edited.

Okay, John, be prepared to be in Dee's "killfile." She
doesn't care for those who are Un-politically correct.
:-)

I'd be crushed ... but, then again, I have gotten over worse.

This "pool" is basically some nattering among the
morse mavens and/or a means of making nice-nice with
chatty messaging on a subject nobody can accurately
predict. I think it's supposed to be like the hostess
at a party being very busy with nagging everyone to
have a good time. :-)

Well, yeah, I can see the similarity you point out ...

This "pool" *IS* a means to belittle non-coders. Look
at the past in he Dee is an avowed OOK CW morse-
person. She isn't about to suddenly embrace a landmark
change in elimination of the code test with enthusiasm.

Yes. Pretty obvious, huh? Makes you wonder why some find it so hard to
get that little point--suppose we are just gifted? Maybe we escaped the
"dumbing down" of ham radio. I knew that incessant habit of banging
that key for hours on end would do some type of damage--now in looking
back, who would have supposed it would have done that much brain damage?
Ya' think the surgeon general should make 'em put a warning on side of
the box the key comes in?

Please pay close attention to what is occurring here. The good 'ole
boys are about their business as usual, no change. Even, at this point,
the FCC has had to throw it "in their face" that the ploy of using CW to
limit licensees will NO longer be permitted.

Absolutely. :-(

Sure, you say that. But then, look at the difficulty others have with
the concept!

Now these hams, who's time has and gone, keep right up with the
insanity--like some alcoholic so addicted to bad behavior, they have
become 'addicted' and can no longer help themselves. These men and
women now need to be seen for what they are. If they hold offices in
amateur institutions or clubs, they need to removed and replaced. They
need to be taken to task, their little control games need to be stopped.
They need to be "put on a shelf, and put away from harming the hobby."

THAT ain't gonna happen, John.

Len, Len, Len. I see what you mean. They have become a legend in their
own mind and now the opium hallucinations have a life of their own ...

Those mentally-conditioned morse mavens "know what is best
for ham radio" and aren't going to be put away without an
enormous fight to retain their power. Worse yet, they have
supporters who are as mentally-conditioned and will fight
with them. [they also know "what is best" (they say)]

Good grief, I see a "Sunni v. Shiite" continuing "battle"
for the future in US amateur radio. Or make it the
Catholics v. Protestants in Northern Ireland. Constant
fight-fight-fight over "supremacy." Idiotic.

Yeah. Too bad a 12 year old could beat 'em. They have even began to
notice that the younger generations just ignore 'em.

She will be...and that's no guess or logic. Dee knows
what is best for amateur radio. Anything new or
revolutionary gets placed in her killfile where she
won't see it...after her trying to spank the "kiddies"
who dare speak against her. :-(

LA

You might be right, perhaps she has smoked the opium pipe much too often
with 'em

Warmest regards,
JS