Old December 31st 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] nsarejectnsareject@yahoo.com is offline

Default Canukistan Rules to Allow HD Radio

del.icio.us wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

RHF wrote:
On Dec 28, 6:31 am, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
John Smith I wrote:
Digital radio will surely come to be, "in what incarnation it will

exist
in?", that is the only question. Analog voice/music cannot even

hold a
candle against such a blinding difference ...

- If it does, it'll be satellite & the Internet that do it.
- HD can't shake a stick at the variety on satellite.
- (and Internet "radio" will blow satellite out of the
- water once wireless high-speed is sufficiently widespread)
- And I can't imagine paying for HD when for the same money
- you can get a Sirius or XM set and several months' service
- and the satellite set will still work when you leave the city
limits...

Satellite and Internet Radio (Audio Programming)
-IF- You Like - What's There : Anywhere You Go - It's There !

Even Comcast and other 'land-based' local Cable TV Systems
offer Digital Music that is Commercial Free 24/7 and available
to about 85% of the Homes in the USofA.

The future of HD-Radio (IBOC) is a smaller and smaller market
composed of those who will not-adapt to newer technologies
and are increasingly getting older and dying-off - with out any
new replacements growing into the listenership.

hd-radio we hardly knew you and then you were gone ~ RHF
.
.
. .

In my experience (yes, I *do* own a HD radio and yes, I *do* listen
frequently) there is no blinding difference. By the time a station's
signal is strong enough to reproduce the digital audio, it's strong
enough that their *analog* is noise- and fade-free. IOW, in my
experience there *is no* difference in audio quality between HD and

analog.

It may be different with the European Eureka system, I've never

listened
to a Eureka radio. I should note that sales of this equipment have

been
reportedly been quite poor in every country but the UK.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66http://www.w9wi.com

Yes, terrestrial radio has lost its younger audience to other
technologies:

http://insidemusicmedia.blogspot.com...another-bad-ye
ar-for.html

Let the auction begin!

Won't happen for decades, if ever, but HD Radio/IBOC is dead !
BAAAAAAWAAAAAA !