Old January 1st 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG K3HVG is offline

Default FYI: Origin Of BoatAnchor

I believe that Version I and II are correct. Only the timeline may be
subject to query. There was quite a disdain for certain B/A's in the
40's and 50's and they were, indeed, referred to as B/A's. In 1946, QST
said the BC-375 and 191 were useful for parts only and one would suffer
a pink ticket from the FCC seconds after it was put on the air. I also
have one surplus conversion manual that states of the BC-640 (a
heavy-duty VHF transmitter): "This unit will generate TVI even when
turned off...". That was then and now is now.... Yesterdays junk is
today's treasured B/A. And... don't even THINK about adding an S-meter
to that BC-342...! Hi!!
de K3HVG