Old January 1st 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

John Smith I wrote:
The big question is why Len is so interested in changing the rules of
amateur radio,
when he's not involved with amateur radio in any other way.

Perhaps it just bothers him that someone is having fun?

Now I'd say that must be a trick question, as certainly, on the surface,
it appears only a moron would ask such a thing!

Jimmie is no "moron." Brainwashed by the ARRL, yes, but
otherwise no dummy.

Jimmie is clever. He makes his "charges" as "politely"
as possible yet are just another set of personal insults.
shrug

His kind have inhabited computer-modem comms since
ARPANET was created. I've seen his kind on computer-
modem comms in all varieties in the two decades plus
that I've done it.

I'd say Len would do little or nothing to hinder anyone from having
"fun." Now, for instance, say they were hogging up all the radio freqs
for a good 'ole boys club, he'd be a ****ed as hell--and rightly so!

That is all you are seeing. Len don't give a chit about children having
fun ...

On the contrary, I think children SHOULD have fun...when
they have free time to experience play.

I regard amateur radio as an ADULT activity that requires some
sense of responsibility, a responsibility that is not yet formed
in most children until the entrance to teen years. Children have
a whole lifetime to experience yet and cannot possibly know
enough about adult society to be a deciding part of it.

Jimmie is obstinate to a remarkable degree. He wants, desires,
may even have some form of orgasm in wishing to prolong a
seven-year-old suggestion I made to the FCC in 1999. :-)

Incredible. But, John, "you knew that," didn't you? :-)