Old January 1st 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Even a Caveman could do it

"John Smith I" wrote in message
John Smith I wrote:
For resistors in series:

R1 + R2 + R3 + ... = R(TOTAL)

For the special case of only two resistors in parallel:

R1 X R2
------- = R(TOTAL)
R1 + R2

general case:

1
----------------- = R(TOTAL)
1 1 1
--- + --- + --- + ...
R1 R2 R3

the above holds for inductance ...
and, as you say, capacitance the reverse ...

Really Dee, did that give you all that many problems? I see nothing
there but basic math.

Seriously, give me an avg. youngster, 8th grade or older, and I will give
you back a youngster capable of all the above ...

Regards,
JS

Oh yeah, what would you say to learn ALL of that, 1/2 hour?

JS

It gave me no trouble whatsoever. It was a piece of cake compared to
differential calculus, etc.

However it doesn't make sense to a homemaker or secretary. Therefore it
becomes difficult for them to remember how to do it. It's not difficult for
them to do actually just difficult to remember how to do it as they have
nothing to tie it to so to speak.

Dee, N8UZE