Old January 2nd 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
sapper sapper is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ham Radio

Jack Schmidling wrote:
This seems like a good time to introduce one of my other life-long
hobbies. In 1955, I accomplished one of my first major life goals. I
passed all the tests for an Amateur Radio License. It was just the entry
level "Novice Class" license but it allowed me to "talk" via Morse Code
to people all over the world with simple equipment that I built myself.

JACK K9ACT

I really enjoy seeing pictures of the different radio equipment. Is
there a site that you guys
might know of that has picks and info about the differant radios.
People mention their equipment all the time in the different forums and
usually I don't know what they are talking about.I am a fairly new ham
and am trying to learn all I can.When someone says they have a
so and so type rig I would like to look it up and learn about it.
thanks
kc9irr