Old January 2nd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

No. That is not what I meant ...

I would really be surprised if they happened to mentioned some
particular child molester was a ham. Me thinks you too anxious to "blow
past" that one ...

If you notice, they usually don't mention what church a particular child
molester attends, what club or organizations they attend or are a member
of, what movies they like, if they were in the boy scouts, what their
mother maidens name was, what parks are near their homes, where they
shop, what make of car they drive, who their friends were, what party
republican/democrat, what their favorite color is, what HOBBIES they
had, etc., etc.

Priest, school teacher, sunday school teacher, public official ... now
that they mention, good reason too ...

But, you are right about it being "dealt with differently back then."
Personally I know of one ham from the small town of my birth who was
molesting his own daughters. I was real young at the time, all I
remember is he and his family were forced to leave town ... but then, it
was just something you did not talk about back then, I always found that
strange ... one other guy to, a truck driver, same thing, molesting his
daughter and her friends, don't know if he had a CB in his rig--they
never mentioned that either ...

Regards,
JS