Old March 14th 04, 11:53 PM
James Nipper

Default Channel Master Rotor Malfunction ????

I have a small antenna Rotor, ChannelMaster, that has developed a problem.
The antenna will not turn in either direction. The control box
**pointer** moves around like it is working, but the antenna does not
rotate. I have checked the wires for breaks, etc, and have climbed the tower
to make sure the wires are still connected to the rotor. I have also
checked for binding, and find no problems.

I have checked for voltage at the output of the control box. I get about
40 volts from the common lead to one of the other 2 wires. But,
surprisingly, I also get about 25 volts from the common wire to the other
of the 2 wires, but all the while the rotor control is going in the same
direction !

I would have thought that I should get 40 volts from common to just one of
the other 2 wires (same clockwise) and no voltage from common to the
**other** wire until I changed directions.

So, without buying a new rotor, etc, I would like to see if I can isolate
and maybe fix the problem.

Any ideas on this one, especially comments on whether the voltage tests seem
normal ??

Thanks for any help !!

--James--