Old January 2nd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Nate Bargmann Nate Bargmann is offline

Default 2-meter horizontal omni recommendation

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:08:59 -0800, Elden Fenison wrote:

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

Do a search for the Big Wheel. It is a three element loop style antenna
that looks a lot like a three-petal clover leaf. There is quite a bit of
information on the Web for them.

Another source for a more conventional horizontal omni is KB6KQ. I have
one of his 6m loops up and it has done well. It would benefit from being
higher, but that's my fault.

73, de Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."