Old January 3rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W2RAC W2RAC is offline

Default 2-meter horizontal omni recommendation

http://www.ku4ab.com/

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:08:59 -0800, Elden Fenison
wrote:

Greetings,

I'm thinking I want to move off of the repeater scene and start getting
involved in 2-meter SSB. Around here, horizontal is the only way to go
with that.

I'd like to put an omni-directional 2-meter horizontally-polarized
antenna on top of the 10ft mast on my roof that is currently hosting my
GP3 (this will replace the GP3). Mainly, I don't want to mess with a
directional beam and a rotor.

Any recommendations as to a store-bought unit that might be well-suited
to this purpose?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.