Old July 11th 03, 01:57 AM
Myron

Dave,

Thank you once again.

I'm going to run a maximum of 100W with my Icom 725 and assume (hope) that
the power level is low enough to avoid problems.

The website you directed me to is pretty darn nice. I've done antenna
searches on Google and never came across this worthwhile info. I'll try to
digest the material.

I wish the ARRL antenna handbooks would explain things as simply. When I've
used their manuals for reference (I have a fair library), I find that my
eyes begin to glaze over. I bought their "Stealth Radio" book, hoping for
ideas, but that was way too basic. I did come across some useful websites
using Google, but alot of the information was duplicated so there was not as
many useful ideas as I had hoped for.

You've been the biggest help.

Myron W2EDY

I imagine that your antenna's performance is likely to be set mostly
by the amount of power you can use without causing RFI/TVI due to the
strong RF fields in close proximity to household wiring. The slight
reduction in antenna efficiency isn't likely to matter very much.