Old January 3rd 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
w9wi w9wi is offline

Default IC-U18 programming: how?

This is a curiousity question only - I'm not wanting to actually
program this radio - but...

Does anyone know how this radio is programmed? I don't see any kind of
connector for a computer, and a look at the schematic shows it can't be
programmed through the external speaker/mike connectors. (unless
they're doing something REALLY ingenious!) The schematic also doesn't
show an obvious programming connector, though I may be missing
something involving test points(grin). There is no keypad, so it can't
be done that way. The service manual (as found online) doesn't address
programming at all...

Thanks for addressing my curiousity, and for tolerating a slightly
off-topic (since this is a commercial rig) post!