Old January 4th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who U-Know-Who is offline

Default If Frank reveals one of his secret designs... he'll have to kill us

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On 3 Jan 2007 10:27:46 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
The employer owns the design. I have no right or control over any
design made under the direction of any of my previous employers. That
means I can't use them, I can't re-use them, I can't sell them and I
can't publically disclose them. The only reason I'm mentioning this is
because it was pointed out to me that a lot of people don't know this.
But it really doesn't matter to you since you were never an engineer
and are now back to your pouting routine. Works for me.

Frank, I couldn't resist responding to this. Are you saying that you
never designed anything outside of work? This makes no sense if you're
an engineer! Still waiting to see a design from you. Something tells me
I've got a long wait... LOL

Wrong again, Brian. Most of my work was done at work on the company
computers, so I don't have access to most of it even if I -could- post
it. But you're in luck; I was just doing my annual file-cabinet clean
out and ran across a schematic for part of a preliminary Class D audio
amp I designed about ten years ago. The technology was moving fast at
the time and the design was only used for a year or two, but I still
blurred out the name:

www.icehouse.net/wirenut/2934d3.jpg

Here's a couple scans of pcb art I found in a pile of other papers.
The first is an EM monitor I whipped up for a friend's project for her
Master's thesis relating to computer monitors (needed to eliminate a
suggested confound). The second is one of many variations of a 8255
I/O card; I don't remember what application this one was for:

www.icehouse.net/wirenut/elf-4.jpg
www.icehouse.net/wirenut/8255v8.jpg

As for my personal projects, there is gobs of stuff. Let's start with
something simple like a capacitance amplifier:

www.icehouse.net/wirenut/c-amp.gif

And don't forget the Twisty-Buster:

www.icehouse.net/wirenut/tb_rdf2.gif
www.icehouse.net/wirenut/tb_rdf_o.gif

Here's an audio compressor I started a few years ago and has been on
the shelf awaiting refinement:

www.icehouse.net/wirenut/tub_comp.gif

You know, I could post a ****load of stuff..... can you be more
specific about what you are looking for? Oh, and there is a price for
knowledge, Brian. If you want more you need to post the schematic for
your amp. It's only fair, don't ya think?

Frank, have you noticed that he's also very careful about the photos of his
amp? Only various photos of select parts, with none that can be
viewed/linked as a whole. I've never seen a real amplifier manufacturer do
such things. Have you?

http://www.usenet.com