Old January 6th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default One way to promote learning of code ...

wrote:

And our attitude is a key part of that (pun intended). If we're seen as
a bunch of old grumpy gus types, not many will want to join us.

Ahem, it's going to be hard to shake that image.

But if
we present ourselves as a fun-loving, welcoming,
young-at-heart-and-mind, helpful group with useful skills,
similar people will want to join us.

IMHO

73 es KC de Jim, N2EY

Jim, you've got your work cut out for you. Don't want to hear excuses
about how hard it will be or that you already walked 5 miles uphill
both ways to school in the snow and don't want to put out the effort...

Consider it, ummm, character building.