Old January 7th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an_old_friend an_old_friend is offline

Default Code is very close to dead. Slow Code please read.

Clem wrote:
Diana Satyr wrote in
:

No, things are NOT as they should be. CW never was and never will be an
"older generation" issue. There was a purpose and reason for knowing cw
and being required to pass a cw test to hold a license.

if there was a reason other than just hazing it seem the advocates of
Morse Code testing have never managed to articulate it well enough to
be understood even by other hams hams like myself let alone the FCC.

I have alwasy been willing to conceed their might be a good reason ofr
mandating code testing but that it was alunknown to me and unknown to
those pushing it.

Code testing is and older issue since code becomes less relvant and
less usefull in the real world daily as it users craok faster than new
ones are created, less ham able to use it the mode become less usefull
this process of attrition WILL continue . It will speed up some with
the end of code testing till some level reached much like AM