Old January 7th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Brian's non-linear linear

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:53:10 -0500, "Jimmie D"
wrote in
:

snip
SO you are saying 3db more power with the same amount of input.

That's the theory. Reality comes pretty close.

snip
The one I made covered the whole band pretty much, Pretty much meaning that
even though it wasnt a perfect match everywhere it was still a lot better
than what it was without it.

Without seeing it I can only guess that your tuning was pretty low-Q;
maybe not the best components, too large a coil, or perhaps some shunt
resistance.