Old January 8th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default What is BEST all-tube, general coverage receiver under $1000? Under $2000?

Stan Barr wrote:

Yeah, true. I regularly transmit on, say, 3.5MHz while one of the receivers
is tuned to Shanwick AT control on 5.599 without any problem, but then
that's a bigger separation and I'm only running a few watts normally.

That brings to mind... I have been listening to Shanwick weather recently,
just below 80M. Do they welcome reception reports?
--scott