Old January 8th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG K3HVG is offline

Default What is BEST all-tube, general coverage receiver under $1000?Under $2000?

Let me enter the fray just once more. Although I did not fall off the
onion wagon recently and have been at all this for a while now, it was
not until contemporary times that I came to really appreciate the
R-390A. Yes, I knew they were tough birds, well designed, and had
worked on them from time to time but I did not realize their full
potential until I got on the air with the components of a GRC-26D. On 75
and 40 meters, and at all times of day and night and in conditions of
severe QRM and N, my R-390A's have provided nothing short of outstanding
service. I cannot say that of many of the others I own.... One simply
will not lose money nor be dissatisfied by investing in a good one!