Old January 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default will a 10 meter fm antenna work on SSB

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
hopefully by 'quad' you mean a 4-band antenna. it could be a bit of a
problem with low bridges and parking garages otherwise. and yes, an
antenna doesn't care what kind of modulation you use, though you may want
to lengthen it a bit if its tuned up near the top of the band for fm
repeaters and such.
wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

Not sure if changing the length of this type of antenna will work or not. It
should be done with some caution as changing the length may effect the
operation on the other bands.Dont make changes you cant undo. If you are
uing the antenna with out a spring adding it may solve yuor problem for 10M
but make it unusable for all the other bands without removing the spring.