Old January 10th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Caveat Lector Caveat Lector is offline

Default Six Meter ops - Please QSL

Well I jumped on six meters a few years ago
Worked all 50 states except KY
Sent SASE's to all states and over 120 Grid square contacts

Only 60% of the Grid Squares have come back - Sent 18 Months Ago

Of the states -- all came back except WY and RI

In todays mail my SASE to WY came back -- 3 and half years after I sent it !
Oh well at least I got it

For RI after a year -- sent another SASE -- no return. After another year --
made up a QSL card for the guy along with an SASE -- no return. Only a few
thousand Hams in RI and I am on the west coast. Could be years B4 I catch
another.

So if you work six meters it is important to QSL, the award managers want
the cards as proof.

Working all states on six is achievable -- but not easy - could take several
years.

I gave up on 100 grid squares VUCC just such a poor QSL return

Grouse and complain

CL looking for KY on 6