Old January 11th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K Jim - NN7K is offline

Default 2-meter horizontal omni recommendation

Also check M squared's website, and KB6KQ. Both
make very good Halo equivalents (Omni).

http://www.kb6kq.com/

http://www.m2inc.com/ And, also M squared
makes great yagis. ect. and NO phoney gain claims!
Spendy, but they do deliver results!

Jim NN7K

W4WNT wrote:
Hello Elden,

Take a look at Par Electronics 2m loops as a commercial option. Very good,
sturdy antennas and horizontal orientation. I've used them mobile as a rover
in VHF contests.

"Elden Fenison" wrote in message
Greetings,

I'm thinking I want to move off of the repeater scene and start getting
involved in 2-meter SSB. Around here, horizontal is the only way to go
with that.

I'd like to put an omni-directional 2-meter horizontally-polarized antenna
on top of the 10ft mast on my roof that is currently hosting my GP3 (this
will replace the GP3). Mainly, I don't want to mess with a directional
beam and a rotor.

Any recommendations as to a store-bought unit that might be well-suited to
this purpose?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

--
-=Elden=-