Old January 11th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default Six Meter ops - Please QSL

Topaz305RK wrote:
Don't know what else a person can do after sending a card with an SASE,
following that up a couple of months later with an email and another card
with SASE and still not getting anything back.

I have had some (though by no means complete) success by preparing a QSL
for the other operator. Just draw something up on your computer, the
way you'd design a QSL for your own station, fill it out as if it was a
card from the other guy, then mail it to him w/SASE & ask him to sign &
return if it's accurate. That's how I got my first QSL from California
on 6.

But some people simply do not QSL. (I think others don't reply at all
if their log indicates you did not, in fact, QSO. One would *hope* they
would write "not in log" on your card & return it.)

I would have to concur that 6m return rates are not very good.

Caveat: I forget, what's your callsign? I worked the June contest last
year from the mobile on the way to Wisconsin, and made a fair number of
QSOs from Kentucky. If you worked me, the fact that QRZ.com says I'm in
Tennessee doesn't necessarily mean you worked Tennessee. That operation
is also in LOTW.

My only 6m capability, in fact, is mobile. It takes about a half-hour
to get across the state line from here. If it were 40 meters, I'd be
delighted to run a sked - but of course on 6, the chances a sked would
work at any predetermined time are not very good!

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66