Old January 11th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Caveat Lector Caveat Lector is offline

Default Six Meter ops - Please QSL

"Topaz305RK" wrote in message
I agree with your observations.

After checking my log and return on 6 meter QSL's I have found that 6
meter ops are the worst return rate I have. I do better on DX either
direct, to a manager or via the buro.
Have never figured out why it is so hard to get confirmations of 6 meter
contacts.
Don't know what else a person can do after sending a card with an SASE,
following that up a couple of months later with an email and another card
with SASE and still not getting anything back.

I suspect the low rate of return may be because there are many Technician
class operators on the band and as such do not have QSL cards like the HF
ops. But gee one can make their own with a computer and an ink jet printer
http://www.qsl.net/wa7s/

or get the economy QSL cards. Examples: one can buy generic cards for $4.95
a hundred
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamacc/1116.html

or standard economy cards for $10.00 a hundred.
http://www.cheapqsls.com/standard.htm

Be aware that there are only about 2300 Hams (total) in Rhode Island and
about 1600 Hams in Wyoming -- so you must help these folks with postage --
Self Addressed Stamped Envelopes (SASE)
In fact I send SASE's for all 6M contacts.

6M the Magic Band - Lets keep it alive and QSL

CL