Old July 19th 03, 09:25 PM
W5DXP

Dilon Earl wrote:
You can indeed get 200 watts
to (incident upon) the antenna with a 100 watt transmitter. Trouble
is, the antenna only accepts half of that power.

Where does the other 100 watts go?

It is reflected back toward the source. It causes standing waves
and additional losses in the transmission line.

For some reason I need a circulator on my SB-401.

Only if you allow reflected energy to reach your SB-401.

How can I stop it from reaching my SB-401?

Does the SB-401 have an adjustable Pi-net output? If so,
you can adjust it for a Zg-match which will keep reflected
energy from being incident upon the SB-401 amp. If not, you
can use an external antenna tuner.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp