Old January 13th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default european full privilege ham licence in USA ?

OK. You confirmed what I thought.
FCC philosophy is strange and severe because in all Europe for example, once
you get your CEPT licence you can get the licence and work from any other
european country without having to pass again some examens.
e;g. I own an ON4 licence. If I live in LX I can get the LX full privilege
licence based on the reciprocity of CEPT (or rather the HAREC reciprocity).

Thanks for the info.

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/

wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:43:44 +0100, Thierry wrote:

Hi,

A question about european ham licences used in the USA.
Now that FCC suppressed the Element 1 from the regulation (CW), what the
matter with the foreign licensed ham of CEPT class 2 (HAREC B) working
from
the USA ?

In the flurry of stuff I have been reading it sticks in my mind that a
statement came out that any CEPT license gave amateur extra
prveliedges here in the usa

or rather this WILL be the case 30 day after the new rules are
published in a particular place in the USA Govt paperwork which has
not yet happened

Recall : In Europe, all HAREC B are either old VHF amateurs or all new
amateurs whising to get the full privilege licence who, thanks to WRC2003,
can now work on all HF bands without restrictions. So it is equivalent to
the US Extra licence.

Can those amateurs owner of an HAREC B certificate get an Extra class
licence if they work from the US ? If they cannot, what licence will they
get ? Do they still need to succeed an examination to work in all the HF
spectrum from the US ?

geting a USlicens no they would out tests visting the will (after the
point above) be able to opeate as US extras

At last, an european amateur owner of HAREC A certificate (the old one
requiring the CW) can he get an US Extra class by simple exchange or has
he
also to succeed an exam ?

vistior can use thier license as I undertsand everybody geting a
license in the USA takes th e US test in force at that monet

Thanks in advance

Thierry

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/