Old March 22nd 04, 03:50 AM
Jim Adney

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:53:50 GMT "krem"
wrote:

Thats what i found out today. That its all RG6 locally ex. homedepto
radioshack. I can't seem to find any other sources (i'm at lehigh
university in PA in case anyone is close) I only need at most 2 feet of
this. Would anyone be able to ship me some if i were to cover shipping or
think of an alternative. I have a 2.4 ghz wireless network up right now
which i need to attach a home made antenna to. Aside from the antenna and
wireless transmitter all i have right now are f-connectors and a lot of rg6.
The antenna and card are still connectorless. I"m open to any solutions
some one may have.

I'm sure I could send you several feet of RG-59 if all you need is
some 75 Ohm coax with copper braid. If you need a different impedance
I can probably come up with just about anything else that's common.

OTOH, I'm not familiar with RG-6. Is this the stuff the cable TV folks
use? Is it a braid or foil shield? If it's foil, there's usually a
copper shield drain wire that you can solder to.

Email me with your address and what you need if you need some
different coax.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA