Old January 18th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default One way to promote learning of code ...

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
(Michael Black) on Sun, Jan 14 2007
Most of the ready-built "CW" or SSB HF transceivers in use
today do that sort of keying. Major reason is keeping the
PA at the same bias for all modes selected; makes for a
simpler mode selection control.

I believe you've made another of your factual errors, Leonard.

Collins used to use this method in the KWM-2A. Unfortunately, the
company used a 1375 Hz tone--too high for anything but casual CW use.

"Casual CW use???"

Yeah, casual CW use. There are some folks who use CW occasionally.

There just might be. But the frequency that CW is used is not the same
thing as "casual use."

Len didn't know what the term meant. I defined it for him. Now you'd
like to tell me what I meant.

You have defined nothing.

Oh, I defined it. You have understood nothing.

I see no definition.

The
KWM-2A's scheme might be okay for some of those who are casual CW ops.
The KWM-2A offered no RIT and no CW filters. Go figure.
Good thing the OT's have never drooled over a KWM2.
Lots of folks wanted a KWM-2A. It was a good SSB rig. I know of no
individual who bought one for primary use on CW.

Who would have thought that SSB would be that popular?

As Colonel Jessup would say, "Is there any other kind?"

Yes, Colonel Jessup, there is another kind.

Its all hobby use.

I think you'd better do your reading. Not all CW operation is for hobby
use, hot-ham-and-cheese.

Sorry Dave, Amateur Use IS Hobby Use.

Will this be one of those things where, in several months, you'll state
that I wrote the above?

Do you want me to?

See Len's statement above about the
transceivers manufactured. See if you can find where he says anything
about "amateur use". Not all CW operation is done for hobby use.

So amateur use is not hobby use?

today certainly CW as once used seriously but harly in what 50 years
I've never operated CW from a Harley.
Is there an ARRL special interest group for those with your talents, a
certificate suitable for framing?
There are all kinds of special interest groups and all sorts of
certificates and plaques. Some come from the ARRL.

Congrats on membership in a niche club.

I've never been one to limit myself to a niche, hot-ham-and-cheese. I
operate contests; I chase DX, I enjoy a good ragchew; I handle traffic;
I use 160 meters. I use 6 & 2m and 70cm. I use SSB, CW, AM, FM and
several digital modes.

And a while back you were to have us believe that ragchewing was not
something that a DXer engaged in, or that an IOTA contest would not
bring out any new DX contacts. Now you're mister generalist...

Yeh. Morse Code is like a way-back time machine transporter for some
of these guys.

Are the three of you trying some sort of "Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest" routine?

There is only one of me.

Look up the page and note that all three of you have made your comments.

I see you in the attribute history.

You can be "Dumber".

Your punctuation syntax is incorrect. Does that make you "Dumbest," or
just incapable of leadership?

Now you all have rank, title and a certain notorious status.

I am responsible for my comments. You are responsible for yours.

I'm comfortable with that.

I wouldn't have it any other way.