Old March 23rd 04, 01:04 AM
Jeremy Salch

Default Heathkit SB-102 SSB voice low

I have a Heathkit SB-102 that I have used for a couple of years primarly on
CW, but I had wanted to use it some on SSB. On CW it puts out a good solid
100Watts.. But on SSB it only puts out about 10W unless I whistly loudly
into the mic. I tested the tubes on a tester, not sure if it works or
not, but they appeared to be good.. and i've replaced all of the
resistors I could see that might have lost value over the years. Anyone
have specific experience with a SB-102 and the SSB audio input going soft ?

--
Registered Linux User #346565