Old January 21st 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stefan Wolfe Stefan Wolfe is offline

Default Appropriate number of license classes

"an old friend" wrote in message
ups.com...

close it is my real time ability to proces letter dyslexia I have
treated the NG to a dmetaration just by posting I prove that those that
claim anyone can use Morse Code are incorrrect

The victim argument!

Let me acquaint you with the pseudo-science that seems to be disabling you:

From the web site
"Adequacy - News for Grown Ups";

"The economic miracle that was started off by Ronald Reagan in the 80s, and
continued through the George Bush Sr and Clinton administrations is one the
wonders of the modern world. The solid economic base of Amreica, coupled
with the explosion of the American designed world-wide-web and Internet have
created opportunities for all regardless of education, race, sex or class.
Anyone in America who wants a job will be able to take their pick from a
selection of attractive and highly paid positions due to the strength of the
American economy.
So why is it then that the middle classes have taken to faking diseases and
why are otherwise respectable physicians joining in this collective fraud ?

Dyslexia, M.E., Attention Deficit Disorder, Repetitive Strain Injury,
Anorexia. You have probably heard of these diseases before. At least one of
your co-workers has probably taken time off work for one of these
'illnesses' in the last month. And yet, up until now no evidence has been
produced to support the existence of any these afflictions as actual medical
conditions. Let's analyse these 'sicknesses' one by one.

a.. Dyslexia. This is the 'diagnosis' given to a middle class child who
cannot read owing to low intelligence. It is an attempt to medicalize a
problem which in reality is a social one: All men are not created equal.
When God gave out the brains, some of us were fortunate enough to be given a
shiny new BMW 7-Series sedan, some of us got '97 5.0 Mustang, and some of us
(the unfortunate few) got nothing more than an old skateboard.

Dyslexia does not exist. Stupid children who cannot read do exist.

b.. M.E. (also known as the 'yuppie flu'). Again the middle classes cannot
stomach the fact that they are not superhuman beings. Consequently when one
of them needs to take a day off work, due to being what normal people would
call "tired" they medicalize the problem (by giving it a long
medical-sounding name) and hey-presto you can get all the time off work you
want. Not bad for simply being tired. I wonder what our forefathers who
built America by the sweat of their brows would say to a modern yuppie
suffering from M.E. ?

M.E. does not exist. People who need to go to bed a bit earlier do exist.

c.. Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). This one is quite sinister. For
thousands of years, children were allowed to be carefree spirits, wandering
wherever the mood took them. Investigating a world which is new and fresh to
them, getting distracted when something more interesting came along. This
was called 'a childhood'. In the modern hell that is middle-class America, a
child is not allowed to have a healthy curiosity. No. The moment a child
behaves like children have done for thousands of years, the middle class
parent reaches for the Ritalin, to dope the poor kid up to better fit with
his middle-class golf-playing lifestyle.

ADD does not exist. Healthy childhood curiosity does exist.

d.. RSI. (repetitive strain injury). Another medicalization of a
non-medical problem. For centuries it was well known that if you did
something repetative for a long time, it could have consequences. Cowboys
doing their bit to tame the wild frontier often became 'saddle sore'.
Railwaymen laying the tracks across our great continent suffered 'sleeper
driver's ear' where the noise from banging in the sleepers to the ground
would become too much. In both these cases the 'cure' was simple. Stop what
you are doing for a while. The pain would then go away. RSI is supposedly
caused by typing. The message to these middle-class whiners who suffer from
this pseudo-disease is simple: Take a 5 minute break.

RSI does not exist. People who need a five minute break but are too stupid
to take it do exist.

e.. Anorexia (Anorexia Nervosa, also Bulimia). Another disease created as
a cover for general stupidity. In the bountiful society of modern America,
everyone has as much food as they can consume, there is no need for anyone
to go hungry. It is almost like 'Star Trek' where technology has progressed
to the point where there is a surplus of all material goods. So why then do
teenage girls feel the need to starve themselves ?

Anorexia does not exist. Stupid people who need to get some lunch do
exist.

All these "diseases" or "illnesses" have been conjured up from thin-air by
the middle class (in collusion with the big pharmaceutical corporations), in
order that they can have an excuse to skive off work, or to make them seem
more exciting and interesting than their lower-class peers..."

that the claim it is just laziness is incorrect

Probably true. More likely, your IQ is somewhat to the left of the peak on
the bell curve, that's all. See "dyslexia" above.

most folks don't need this spelled out for them

Agreed. Many folks do buy into these "afflictions" due to propaganda from
the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

I read english prefectly I speak it quite well text is problem as you
surely note

Well, then you are true to form pseudo-dyslexic; an audio learner, not a
visual one. You would not have a problem with Morse code if your IQ were
shifted to the right of the curve just a little. Don't worry, it is quite
normal to be below average. It is just as normal to not be able to learn the
code (a slight left shift from peak) as it is to have the ability (a slight
right shift).

not editing makes the point and is easier a twofer

Sorry, I did not copy. What is a "twofer"?