Old January 21st 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

Still in the box!
The dusty box remains unopened. No attempt has yet been made to open
it. The empty boast has yet to be fulfilled.

Dave K8MN

I have an ARX2B like that.

Great. Did you boast that you were going to open it seven years ago?

Why no, Dave. I boasted that I was going to purchase it seven years
ago.

When it does get opened, it will be as if
new.

Maybe it will be; maybe it won't be. You won't know for certain until
you open it.

Why wouldn't it be perfect? It's never been opened, and the box is
intact.

Is the World's Greatest DXer suggesting that Cushcraft products are
defective or have poor quality control?

And rest assured, I can open it at any time.

Len is in his eighth decade of life.

Then he would be perfect as a new ham. He could even apply through the
Vanity Call System and get an old-timey callsign so people would think
he was an old hand at this amateur stuff...

There are limits on his ability to
open the box containing his Extra Class license.

Perhaps Handi-Hams could lend a box-cutter.

He hasn't even paid
for it with CASH yet.

Extra licenses for sale? Would that be through the ARRL VEC or the
W5YI VEC?