Old January 22nd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am

The dusty box remains unopened. No attempt has yet been made to open
it. The empty boast has yet to be fulfilled.

Dave K8MN

I have an ARX2B like that.

Great. Did you boast that you were going to open it seven years ago?

Why no, Dave. I boasted that I was going to purchase it seven years
ago.

:-)

Dave is ahhh... a bit thick.

When it does get opened, it will be as if new.

Maybe it will be; maybe it won't be. You won't know for certain until
you open it.

Why wouldn't it be perfect? It's never been opened, and the box is
intact.

It won't be "perfect" unless the Foremost Authority deems
it perfect. [when he takes off his little red hat, puts
down the tin cup when organ-grinder Miccolis takes a break]

Cushcraft didn't use non-contaminating jacket material?

Would Jim categorize that as a design flaw or defective materials?

Is the World's Greatest DXer suggesting that Cushcraft products are
defective or have poor quality control?

Hee hee hee...World's Greatest DXer prolly thot that you
had some kind of furrin' callsign or experimental license.
:-)

An "F" prefix and 200 KHz out of bounds... ;^)

And rest assured, I can open it at any time.

Len is in his eighth decade of life.

Correction: FIRST CENTURY! :-)

Then he would be perfect as a new ham.

Absolutely NOT! I don't bow down and genuflect in front
of some dumb**** extra control-freaks demanding Instant
Obediance to Their Majesties.

You wouldn't have to, even though some expect it. They get all
indignant and its kind of funny.

Especially the ego-
inflated ex-government employee types who spend all their
time trying to beat on all others who don't agree with
Them.

Well, there is that.

He could even apply through the
Vanity Call System and get an old-timey callsign so people would think
he was an old hand at this amateur stuff...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, I COULD do that. But I won't.

I started out in radio "at this military stuff" then
"at this commercial stuff" and never really got around
to "this amateur (licensed) stuff." Over a half
century ago. Herr Oberst doesn't like that. In fact,
Herr Oberst has a hate hard-on for anyone talking
against, or anyone NOT following his "superior" orders
like HOW It Should Be Done. Herr Robust and his
organ-grinding pal, Jimmie NOserve (the one who has
a hate memory like an effluent), birds of a feather
(who just can't fly very far).

Flightless. Like "Happy Feet" tapping out Morris Code!

I now regard Heil and Miccolis as in the same league
as Robesin.

I don't. The latter is a danger...

All that "elite" little group can do is
to sit around and hate all those who don't agree with
them. All must follow - explicitly - what They Say
or be the target of all sorts of character assassination
attempts for years and years afterwards.

True enough.

I don't think
that is the express purpose of US amateur radio...but
those three certainly act like it is in hundreds of
their postings in here.

It's not the purpose of the ARS, but those three vigilantes have taken
it upon themselves to avenge the alledged wrongs that have been
perpetrated against the ARS.

There are limits on his ability to
open the box containing his Extra Class license.

Perhaps Handi-Hams could lend a box-cutter.

Thanks but I have one. Used it last time to open the
boxes that contained a Roomba and Scooba. [wife got
her own Christmas present, paid for it by credit card
through the Internet] They work just fine, but it is
beyond their cleaning ability to clean up all the ****
that those snivelling little sore code-test losers
leave in here.

Welp, the price of sour grapes is trending down... there's just so much
of it.

If I need ****-cutters, all I have to do is come in
here and read the "superior" postings by code-tested
extras extolling their mighty radio pioneerings of the
past through dumpster diving and organ grinding.

Now, now Len. It's called a "junk box," not a dumpster, nevermind the
actual origin of the parts. ;^)

Why buy something nice when you can kluge together a frankenbox?

He hasn't even paid for it with CASH yet.

Extra licenses for sale? Would that be through the ARRL VEC or the
W5YI VEC?

Through the Department of State ex-employees credit union.

I heard they had a Special Sale on...get a furrin' call
and ya get a dinner date with Condi. :-)

LA

Hmmm? Dinner with Condi?