Old January 22nd 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Those Old Study Guides

Cecil Moore wrote in news:tlOsh.12126$ji1.1497
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net:

wrote:
But the FCC-provided *study guides* were in essay format, as given
above. The exact Q&A were not publicly available - at least not
officially.

First "question" from the 1957 ARRL License Manual for
the General exam.

"1. Name the basic unit(s) of electrical resistance, ..."
(etc.)

"The unit of electrical resistance is the ohm."

How is "ohm" not the exact answer? Wouldn't giving an
inexact answer have been dishonest?

That's exactly my point, Cecil! How many ways are there to ask the
same questions? Even if we don't use those exact same words, as long as
it's intelligible, it's still the same question.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -