Old January 22nd 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 6:35 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Why wouldn't it be perfect? It's never been opened, and the box is
intact.

Some mateirals deteriorate over time. The plastics used in some types
of coaxial cable are one example.

Which part of the ARX2B do you think has deteriorated? The aluminum
elements, the stainless steel screws, or the coaxial runner?

He KNOWS, Brian, He KNOWS...now watch a whole new sub-thread
evolve from that...dozens of posts wherein Jimmie NOserve will
"show" that YOU are at fault and he is absolutely,
totally blameless. :-)

Actually, he is saying that Cushcraft is at fault. Heil may hold that
position as well. Good thing I don't hold stock in Cushcraft as these
two just might drive them out of business. Kind of like Robesin and
his "She's selling something..." (and it's not amateur radio equipment)
remarks about a midwestern amateur radio dealer's ham daughter.

Ah yes, the "selling" thing! :-)

Is the World's Greatest DXer suggesting that Cushcraft products are
defective or have poor quality control?

Did Cushcraft use only coax with a noncontaminating jacket?

Did they?

Tsk. Jimmie NOT know?!? Why he ask question instead of stating
reply as his fact?

Jim broke the first law of asking questions on RRAP.

Or is it one of Newton's? You know, "For every question
there is an equal and opposite Miccolis question?" :-)

And rest assured, I can open it at any time.

Len is in his eighth decade of life.

As I said before, it's just my FIRST CENTURY. :-)

Mine two! ;^)

WAY 2 GO! :-)

Then he would be perfect as a new ham. He could even apply through the
Vanity Call System and get an old-timey callsign so people would think
he was an old hand at this amateur stuff...

That would require opening the box first. Not going to happen, IMHO.

Your opinion is not humble. Besides, Len just might surprise you.

Then again, I might not. :-)

That just leaves his opinion not being humble...

Jimmie "HUMBLE?!?" Hardly! :-)

Jimmie know all, see all, tell everyone that...

Instead of your Federal Register Watch, you might query the FCC data
base each day for Len's new callsign.

Best of Luck.

"New callsign?" Which one of my old callsigns is changing?
WRRR? WREX? WMCW? WBEL? KFAC? KMPC?

As far as I know WRRR went out of business. All the others are
chugging right along, though. [WRRR was a difficult ID to say
during station breaks...:-) ]

No phunny fenetics?

Eees deeficult wid dat. Best anyone could do is
"double-yew triple-R." :-)

But, I digress. All must remember that engine-ear Jimmie done
made a "pronouncement" on a "deteriorating" Cushcraft product.
It no good if Jimmie done say it is...and that's that! :-)

I wouldn't want to be Cushcraft right now - in Jim's crosshairs.

Jimmie da "radio manufacturer" he gonna take out ads
denouncing Cushcraft or sumthin'?

I'm trying to get a Biblican reference here to "Cush" but
can't make it fit. :-) I must be "off the beam..." :-)

LA