Old January 22nd 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
RHF RHF is offline

Default Antenna Simulation Parameters and Folded Dipole Antenna Question...

Camelot - The Google Group : Rec.Radio.Amateur.Antenna
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ateur.antenna/
Has many Antenna Experts that may have the Answers
to your Antenna Simulation Questions.

hope this helps ~ RHF

= On Jan 21, 10:45 pm, "camelot" wrote:
- Any suggestion?
-
- camelot ha scritto:
-
- Hello,
- I'm new in antenna simulation world and I would like to ask
- you some questions on some topics.
-
- I hope someone could help me.
-
- The first question is if it is true that Directivity, Gain and
- Efficency of an antenna are simply tied to the her topology
- and not to the goodness of the matching network or the
- source impedance, i.e, if I have to measure these values,
- should I necessary verify that the antenna is correctly matched
- with source?
-
- Second (and last!) question,
- I have to simulate a folded dipole with a ground connection in
- the center (necessary to the supplying chip as ground reference).
- The structure had hence 3 ports. My question is if a inductive
- or capacitive load connected to the middle virtual ground port
- (and the chip) can significantly affect the matching and other
- parameter (D,G) of the port.
- In few words, that third branch connected to a virtual ground,
- how influence the antenna behavior?
-
- Sorry for my trivial questions
- but I'm continuing studying in order to fill my gaps.
- Regards,
-
- Camelot
-