Old January 23rd 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

wrote:
Chris wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 14:13:47 -0800,
wrote:

Your opinion is not humble. Besides, Len just might surprise you.

Instead of your Federal Register Watch, you might query the FCC data
base each day for Len's new callsign.

Nope. Won't hold my breath. Len's time has come and gone, and every
sane person realizes that he will NEVER get a license, not even after
the code requirement has been dropped.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, "young gun." I stated my effort in here years ago,
that of just wanting to END the code test. Problem was, NOBODY
believed that and they went on and on and on and on about this
TERRIBLE MORAL FLAW I had for not getting a ham ticket! :-)

Nobody believes your claim of "just wanting to END the code test"
because
your behavior proves otherwise.

You do want to eliminate the Morse Code test. But you also want a lot
of other
things in amateur radio to change, such as eliminating anyone under the
age
of 14 years from being a licensed radio amateur, even though you can't
provide even one example of a problem caused by the lack of a minimum
age requirement.

There's a lot of other things you clearly want changed, such as
eliminating
vanity calls, eliminating multiple classes of amateur radio license,
etc.,
but you only admit to the Morse Code test thing. That's a clear
contradiction to
"just wanting to END the code test".

And it's why your claims aren't believed.

You talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Then you get all bent out
of shape because some points out the facts - as if *they* are wrong
for doing so.

they wanted to
MANUFACTURE nastygrams about that...so they took things out
of context, hammered them in and welded it shut...even though the
construct was so out of spec it wouldn't fit anything but their
warped imaginations.

How was your claim of seven years ago taken out of context?

You wrote that you were "going for Extra right out of the box".
Pretty clear then, and pretty clear now. The
whole post is still in the archives - I posted a link at the beginning
of
this thread.

I have yet to see anyone explain how the context of that posting
changes the obvious meaning.

Now FCC 06-178 is so close to legal fact of ENDING that damn
code testing, those intrepid "radio mis-manufacturers" are crying
and whining and snarling at all of us who DARED speak at the FCC
about ending the code test. Oh, great big crocodile tears for those
radio mis-manufacturers busy making Mt. Everests out of ant hills!

Boo-hoo...they gonna LOSE their big claim to fame as Mighty
(Tested) Macho Morsemen. They won't be so damn "superior"
anymore!

Len, nobody on rrap cries, whines, snarls, or sheds crocodile tears
nearly
so much as you do ;-)

Let's recap: The reason folks don't believe your claim of
"just wanting to END the code test" is because your behavior proves
otherwise.

And as for "nastygrams" - well, all anyone has to do is check how many
posts
have been made to this NG by

(those are just the ones I know of and can recall, there may be
others.)

and they'll see who does what...